Eyelash extensions are available
everywhere in the world and there are so many different kinds. We
are often asked by confused clients:
Let us do an eyelash
extension review for you of the most common eyelash extension
Most clients get confused with the eyelash extension hype. So here is some basic information about the individual eyelashes that are most common and most are used by Evoque Lash Spa..
First, do not confuse brand names with the product type. Novalash, 3D, Xtreme, Hollywood, Lavish, Outlashe, The Lashe and a variety of other manufacturers make extensions and adhesives. These are just brand names and this article does not, and will not, endorse a single brand.
Instead this is about
the actual product itself, specifically the actual eyelash extension and varying types.
There are a variety of individual eyelash extensions including synthetics, silk, mink and human hair. Each has a unique benefit and weakness as well.
1. Synthetic (plastic synthetic, not used at Evoque) - Pro: They come in every desired length and curl and thickness. They are widely available and the most common lash used in this industry. You get maximum drama with plastic synthetics. Con: Very hard, not too much flex, heavy, cause damage if not very well maintained, do not last very long and require frequent fills. They tend to lift, flip around and lean to one side or the other as they grow out because of their heavy weight.
2. Synthetic (poly-fiber or poly-fiber blend AKA faux mink, used at Evoque) - Pro: Like plastic synthetic, these come in every length and curl but have more flex and are a bit more natural looking. Some have called this higher quality synthetic eyelash extension a MINK. It is not real mink at all and can not compare. Con: Firmer lash type and not suitable for very fine, weak and sparse natural lashes.
3. Human Hair (not used at Evoque): Pro: The cuticle is helpful in bonding and they hold on quite well. They are soft and very natural looking, available in various lengths and curls. Con: They mainly come out of Korea and a harvested off cutting room floors. The do not hold their curl. Some hairs go straight while others keep their curl when washed a few times. They can look singed as they age. Personally, it makes me think...ewwww. We do not use these at Evoque Lash Spa.
4. Silk: (silk blend or poly-fiber, is sometimes called silk, not used at Evoque) Pro: They are quite soft and flexible. They come in all lengths and curls. They are light. They can look natural or applied for drama. Con: They don't provide as much drama as plastic synthetics and are more vulnerable to kinking and changing shape.
5. Mink (authentic fur, used at Evoque): Pro: A mink coat for your lashes! A very light weight lash, longest lasting, attractive and natural looking. It is like wearing feathers. Ultra comfortable. Can give a very natural and textured look. No cruelty in the true 100% siberian mink lash, sourced from brushing the animal. Con: Often imitated, not all mink are good at holding their shape, and mink is a more expensive eyelash extension.
Also.. Flares/clusters are NOT eyelash extensions. They do not look, feel or last like real individual extensions. Some clients do not have very many natural eyelashes and prefer flares. Flares have to be soaked off and reapplied every week or lessand are certainly not for anyone wanting a natural look.
Pain Free AntiAging
You don't feel old.... Why, then, let an aging appearance hold you back? Evoque offer PAINFREE results driven AntiAging Facials.